A Butt Plug is an anal sex toy which is designed to be ‘worn’ rather than moved in-and-out. It provides the wearer with a continual feeling of fullness, pressure and arousing awareness of the area.
The nerves that surround the anus are super sensitive and a butt plug also offers constant stimulation to them.
Butt Plugs Pleasures For Women & Men
- For women, a butt plug delivers pressure to the vaginal walls and sensations can feel super-intense when both front and back doors are filled.
- Men have their own special spot, the Prostate Gland, located 1.5 – 3 inches inside and a butt plug can put pleasurable pressure on this.
Butt plugs are diamond shaped; From the top a small tip flares our to a wider middle before sweeping into a a narrow neck (for the anal muscles to close around) and finishing with a wide base which prevents the toy slipping inside the anus. Some also have a ring on the base to slip your finger in and keep hold of.
- To enjoy the sensations of butt plug play, the recipient should be really aroused, so give lots of attention to all other erogenous zones before going near the butt!
- Find a position that’s comfortable for anal play – on all fours, on your back with legs raised or crouched over the plug.
- Go slowly and communicate, if you are playing with a lover.
- Apply a nice, thick anal lube to the anal area and sensually massage & stimulate the anus with your fingers, or just the tip of the butt plug.
- Lots of us impede great sex by shallow breathing or holding our breath, which staves the body of oxygen and makes muscles tense up.
- Tense anal muscles will reject butt plug entry, so keep breathing – deeply!
- The anus, when really relaxed and aroused starts to open up (like a lovely flower!). Work the plug inside in harmony with this, ie never force it, but keep massaging around the area until it lets the plug slip effortless inside.
- Angle the butt plug toward the front of the body as you slide it deeper.
- Once inside the anal sphincter muscles will close around the narrow neck, thus holding the plug in place.
- Every kind of sexual stimulation can feel heightened whilst wearing an anal plug; oral sex, clitoral stimulation, nipple stimulation, a hand-job – you name it!
How long can you use a Butt Plug?
- A plug can be “worn” for as long as you want; our customers have told us they’ve even gone to work or cleaned the house whilst wearing one.
- Wearing a butt plug outside of the bedroom can be incredibly arousing (just as most ‘naughty secrets’ are!) and a great way to keep the wearer focussed on their anal pleasure.
- Once your body is accustomed to the feeling, a butt plug is likely to stay in place but for extra security, slip on your tightest pants (rather than baggy boxers or bloomers) and you’ll feel confident wearing a butt plug ‘in public’.
- If you are planning a long butt-plug session, we recommend regularly removing your anal plug to apply more lube, just to be sure that you don’t get a sore bottom!
Most of the butt plugs we carry are made of silicone and we also hand pour our own range of silicone butt plugs, in our London studio.
Silicone is a great material for all anal sex toys because it’s smooth, feels sensual and is super easy to clean, which is particularly important for backdoor toys! Our silicone butt plugs can even be sterilized.
Our Top Butt Plugs, as chosen by customers in our London store:
With just a couple of insertable silicone inches to play with, the Dinky Butt Plug is massively popular with our customers.
A really great butt plug, it’s fulfilling without being even remotely overwhelming.
The base is perfectly safe for play, but still small enough to be able to walk around with, if that’s what you like.
Sh! Beaded Silicone Butt Plug , with its graduated beads, is super-popular with our customers.
A great size for beginners to anal play – there’s nothing scary about this one at all!
Slowly insert one bead at a time until all three beads are fully inside. Then – enjoy!
Gold Butt Plug should really be called “Beautiful Butt Plug” because that’s what it is!
Simply stunning, it adds a tempting sparkliness to your rear whilst the weighty steel offers delicious sensations for the internal part of your butt.
Small enough to wear whilst you go about your daily business, but heavy so you will be constantly aware of the sensations and the squeeze it takes to hold it in place…
A Vibrating Butt plug adds a delicious buzz to the feeling of fullness.
Vibration can help relax, as well as delivery waves of thrilling sensations throughout the whole genital area.
You can either choose one with a bullet in the base, which is best if you’d like constant and even stimulation.
Or choose one with a separate controller handset, which is easier to operate, if you would like your partner to ‘take charge’ of the sensations or if you would change intensity of vibration, throughout play…
Remember always use lube for all anal play! With butt plugs, we advice you apply it to your bum-hole and the tip/ main shaft of the toy, but wipe it off the base, just to be sure you can get a grip for removing it…
Is a Butt Plug the Right Sex Toy for You?
A butt plug is best for anal sex play that requires little or no movement. Whether enjoyed as a side dish to other sexual activities or as the main event, it simply fills you with an ever-present feeling of fullness, as well as focussing your mind on back-door sensations…
If you are looking for a toy for a sliding-in-and-out anal sex, an anal dildo is better than a butt plug, as the regular girth offers smoother penetration.