Keeping a bottle of lube by your bed is liberating, taking away worries about not being wet enough and adding a delicious slide to any ride.
Water-based lubricant is a great all round lube for all kinds of sex play.
Water-based lubricant is the most widely available and used lubricant for sex in the world.
- Silky and lightweight
- Thick gel lube
- Some water-based lubricants sink into your skin, others have to be washed off
- Some are packed with ingredients, whilst water-based lubes are natural and simple.
- Some water-based lubricants are almost tasteless, some sweet, others icky.
- You can even choose to have your water-based lubricant stimulating, warming or organic.
Whichever water-based lube you choose, it will share the same following characteristics:
- All water-based lubricant is totally safe to use with condoms and other latex barriers.
- Water-based lube is easier to wash from your body and bedclothes than silicone lube.
Got an itch in your ditch after a roll in the hay?
Is your lubricant to blame?
If you are prone to yeast infections like thrush, avoid lubricant that contains glycerin. Glycerin is a form of sugar, and thrush thrives on sugar.
It’s unlikely that a personal lubricant will actually give you thrush, but it can help create world it would like to visit.
It could be that you are allergic to one of the ingredients in your lubricant. A common lube ingredient that can cause an allergic reaction is the paraben preservative.
We have two own-brand paraben-free lubricants; Lush Pure and Lush Pure Plus