Advice and tips for spanking safely and sensually.
Practice makes perfect when it comes to spanking
Our advice is to always practice on a pillow before going anywhere near a human being’s beautiful, tender skin.
Then test the sensations on yourself so you are aware of the sensations you will be administering.
The reason we advice you to practice on an inanimate object is that you must be confident of being able to strike only the safe areas of the body and protect the vulnerable spots.
- Well padded areas such as buttocks, thighs and upper arms are safe for spanking/whipping.
- Joints or bony areas is NOT safe for spanking/whipping so protect the neck, spine, backs of knees, elbows, shins, ribcage and pelvis.
- Avoid areas of the body which shield major organs like the kidneys (lower back) and stomach.
- Facial cheeks are the only area of the head that can be safely slapped as long as the neck and jaw are supported.
- Clearly vulnerable areas like the ears, nose, mouth and eyes should never be hit.
- Breast-spanking/slapping in moderation is ok, as long as your partner is not pregnant, nursing, prone to cysts or has silicone implants.
Know your spanking implements
When using an implement for spanking, be aware that the tip will wield the greatest force, which is why pillow-practicing is vital to ensure a sure and safe aim.
- The tips of an unruly implement like a whip can have a wrap-around effect, catching the vulnerable sides of your lover’s body, like hips, so our advice is to wedge pillows around your lover to protect these areas and safeguard against this ‘wrapping’ effect.
- The size and shape of a spanking implement will give different sensations and will dictate the force that can you should use.
- Broad, flat shapes like a Heart Spanking paddle, shaped spanking paddle, the palm of your hand or the back of a wide hairbrush deliver diffused sensations whereas thin, circular instruments like a Crop, or a cane deliver intense localized sensation.
- The same goes for whips – multi-tailed versions diffuse sensations on impact so they are a lot safer than a single-tailed whip. A bull whip which can do damage and should only ever be in experienced hands.
- Heavy, hard instruments like crops must be used cautiously, whereas those made from a light material like a Rubber Whip can be wielded safely with more abandon.
The bottom line is that blows from something that is hard and narrow are more likely to leave lasting marks whereas something hard and flat will leave a lasting redness and soft and flat means no more than a slight blush.
Also the shorter an instrument is, the more easier it will be to control so the Mini Rubber Whip with its soft, tingly tendrils and short strands is one of the sexiest beginner whips around and will deliver sensations that feel much more arousing than “ouch!”.
Get your spanking-timing right
For sensual spanking, getting your timing right is key. Pain thresholds rise directly in line with arousal (the more turned-on they are, the more spanking they can take) so our advice is to NEVER rush a good spanking.
Be creative with spanking sensations
Contrasting sensations work achingly well when building arousal, as well as magnifying the sensitivity of your lover’s skin – the soft fur side of the Shaped Paddle, is perfect for stroking over smarting buttocks. Also try delivering light kisses to stinging thighs or rubbing ice over the rosy glow of freshly spanked skin will all build skin sensitivity and bodily arousal.