Many women feel that their bodies are failing them if it isn’t producing enough vaginal moisture on its own.
There are many physical reasons for a dry vagina:
- Medication – many cold medicines dry out your mucus membranes and not just in your nose! Anti-depressants & anti-anxiety drugs are also culprits.
- Stress – which is why stressing about ‘not being wet enough’ creates a viscous cycle.
- Hormones – Simply where we are in our menstrual cycle can govern how wet we are that day.
- Dehydration – Simply not drinking enough fluids
- Pregnancy, childbirth & nursing.
- Age – the menopause has a lot to answer for!
- Alcohol & drugs, esp cannabis.
- Soap and bathing products – these can disrupt the delicate chemistry of a healthy vagina
Vaginal dryness is nothing to be ashamed of and is not unusual in any way.
It’s just something that most of us don’t talk about.
If we were to openly discuss our dryness with partners or friends, it would certainly alleviate much of the stress us women can feel about our bodies ‘failing’ us.
Vaginal dryness does stress women out
A customer recently told us she worries that her dryness might push her partner into the arms of ‘a wetter woman’.
So, you may find it’s a relief for both of you to acknowledge you’re having a dry spell. The fact is, dry vaginas are very common; anyone owning a vagina will find it’ll run out of juice at some point. It doesn’t mean your sex life is over – far from it!
But it does mean you need to look at adding lushness from a bottle. Luckily, we have tons of bottles piled up for just such an occasion…
We know that not every one feels comfortable with the idea of using (wo)man-made wetness, but really – there’s no reason why you should feel awkward about it.
Don’t think of lube as a solution to the ‘problem’ of vaginal dryness, but as a sensual addition
Lube is sexy. Lube makes play sensual and slidey. It makes everything so incredibly wet…
Lube makes insertion of toys or your lovers fingers or penis much more comfortable and it can truly change your life.
Simply keep a bottle by your bed and reach over for a handful whenever the feeling takes you.
Apply it generously and not just for yourself but to all toys, fingers or penis present!
You don’t need an applicator.
[We have met a surprising number of medical professionals, horrified at our suggestions of applying lube with fingers, suggesting an applicator is preferable – thus avoiding unnecessary contact with one’s vagina! If you’ve come across this attitude, we say – ignore it! Your vagina would love you to touch it, explore its contours and make friends with it. It will thank you for taking the time…]
We recommend plain lubes for everyday use, and keeping the fancy ones for special occasions.
If you only ever buy one sexy plaything, let it be a bottle of lube – we promise your vagina will be delighted!